South Carolina School and College Immunization Requirements
Immunizations prevent disease and even cancer!
Walk into AFC Urgent Care Clinic and get your immunizations, no appointment necessary. We are open 7 days a week.
- Complete Student Immunization Forms or obtain a verified copy of your immunization record.
- Mail or fax completed documents to Redfern Health Center:Redfern Health Center
Box 344054 Rm: 34
Clemson, SC 29634-4054
All forms should be submitted prior to July 1 for summer/fall enrollment and December 1 for spring enrollment. Students not in compliance with the immunization requirements may have a hold placed on future registrations and may be subject to a late fee.
Acceptable forms of verification include one of the following:
- Personal shot records that are verified by doctor’s stamp or contain a health provider’s signature
- Personal shot records with a clinic or health department stamp
- Military Records or World Health Organization (WHO) documents
- Previous college or university records that are verified
- Student Immunization Forms
Exception: If you are enrolled in only online courses, you do not need to comply with medical clearance requirements. However, if you receive notices of non-compliance, contact Health Information at 864-656-2234 or e-mail email@example.com.
- MMR: for students born after 1956, two doses required after 12 months of age
- Tdap: single dose required for all students age 64 or younger as of January 1, 2016
- Meningococcal Vaccine (Menactra, Menveo): required after sixteenth birthday for all students age 21 or younger as of January 1, 2016. If received initial dose before 16th birthday, booster is required. Students must present proof of vaccination, or may sign a waiver declining the vaccination.
- Tuberculosis Test: a T-SPOT or QuantiFERON GOLD is required for any student who has resided or traveled outside of the U.S. for more than two weeks within the last five years or has other TB risk factors or if you answered “Yes” to any questions in the Tuberculosis Risk Assessment. Screening is REQUIRED upon arrival to Clemson, or documented proof of screening performed in the U.S. within the past 12 months. TB screenings performed outside of the U.S. and PPD skin test will not be accepted. As of January 2016, all students are required to complete the Tuberculosis Risk Assessment.
Students with a prior positive tuberculin screening must bring a copy of a chest X-ray report (translated in English), within the last three months. Students who are receiving treatment for tuberculosis should bring copies of all treatment records, including medical notes, laboratory reports and X-rays.
- Hepatitis A: series of two vaccines
- Hepatitis B: series of three vaccines; can also be combined with Hepatitis A
- Varicella: series of two vaccines
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
o Females 11 to 26 years old: Bivalent or Quadrivalent Human Papillomavirus Vaccine (HPV2 Cervarix or HPV4 Gardasil); series of three vaccines.
o Males 9 – 26 years old: Quadrivalent Human Papillomavirus Vaccine (HPV4 Gardasil); series of three vaccines.
If completion of medical clearance requirements is contraindicated for medical reasons, approval of the healthcare provider is required along with documentation of the need for the exemption and signed Medical Exemption Form.
If a religious exemption is requested, complete the Religious Exemption Form.